How to Pick the Best Online Dating Sites
I’m frequently asked How to Pick the Best Online Dating Sites. The ONE online Dating site where everyone is an active member. Everyone has a completely accurate and honest internet profile. Everyone’s online dating photos are current. Everyone is “Normal” and has all the qualities that the particular single is looking for.
However, Online Dating sites reflect what goes on in life. In other words, that ONE site – THE place to meet singles – doesn’t exist.
Who is on Online Dating Sites is just like who you find in life. There are singles who aren’t seriously looking. Singles who aren’t honest about who they are and are“different”. Think online dating is more dishonest. Nope. Studies show that people are as honest on online dating sites as much as they are in regular life.
The truth – There’s no one place where you can always find the singles you want to meet. In “real life” you need to try a variety of places. At it’s the same online. For online dating, you will need to a few different online dating sites.
People have told me almost every online dating site – from eHarmony to plenty of fish – are just for people looking for hookups. AND I have also heard that on every online dating sites, people have met, fallen in love and gotten married (including clients I’ve referred).
How do you Pick the Best Online Dating Sites for you? Here are 5 Easy Steps to Finding the Best Online Dating Site for you.
- Decide what you are looking for: A serious relationship, casual or friend with benefits? Whatever type of connection you desire, there are online dating sites that specialize in that area.
- Who are you are looking for. There are online dating sites that are geared for certain ages, interests, and demographics. Looking for someone who loves to dance, western life, or has a disability – there are specializing online dating sites. How do you find the online dating site with your interest? Google your specific interest and online dating. You will get a list of online sites that specialize in your interest.
- Paid or free? The advantage of free online dating sites like plentyoffish.com is you’re not spending your money. May sound perfect but often members are not be as serious about finding someone as paid sites. And often, singles may not have the money to pay for a site. Free online dating sites allows the non-working, no car and living in the sister’s basement to online date. Free online dating sites are okay but know you’ll need to do more screening. And one coaching client did meet her husband on plenty of fish. It only takes one!
- Which paid online dating sites (match.com, eharmony.com, chemistry.com, etc) the best?
- Most of the paid online dating sites allow people to browse after putting up a profile. But if people don’t pay, they usually can’t email or answer others’ emails. And you can’t tell who has paid and who hasn’t. The online dating site doesn’t tell you. So while a paid Online Dating site may have 15 million members there may be 1-2 million that are active members.
- As an Online Dating Expert, my recommendation to do a combination of at least 1 paid internet dating site and 1 free internet dating site.
- Test the online dating site. Sign up for a free membership and browse for members in your area. Are there enough people in your area to make it worth your time and possibly money? Some online dating sites are great in certain areas but not in all.
- Have a Coffee Date with an Online Dating Site. Take advantage of free or trial offers. Most paid online dating sites allow you to browse for a short time for free or offer a money back offer for a certain number of days. Many (chemistry.com, eharmony, perfectmatch.com) offer free weekends to try out the site. Be careful with free weekends. Know how and make sure you cancel if you’re not interested in continuing with the online dating site. Many have cancellation policies that will automatically charge your credit card after the free weekend.
If the online dating site doesn’t work, then move to another site. On larger sites, my male clients get at least 8-12 emails a day the first week they post. And of course my female clients usually get a over a hundred the first week. If you’re not getting those results on a large online dating site, the site may not have many active members. Or your profile needs to be revised. Check my past blogs for ways to write great profiles and get winning photos or sign up for 30 minutes to get your best Online Dating Review.
Click here for more online dating advice like this one Pick the Best Online Dating Sites.
Phoenix Dating Coach