How Can You Know Is He Not Interested in a Relationship with You?
I’ve talked to dozens of women who haven’t read the signs in their relationship. They ask me how to tell if ” Is He Not Interested in a Relationship with You? ” They come to me for dating advice after wasting months in a relationship with a man who is obviously not interested in a relationship with her. Obvious, that is, to everyone except the woman in the relationship.
They spend a lot of time making excuses for disinterested behavior and refuse to read the writing on the wall that they man they’re dating just isn’t interested. If you’re in a relationship that seems to be going nowhere, you should take a step back to evaluate why. “Is He Not Interested in a Relationship with You?” If the following characteristics describe your relationship, you might be dating a man who isn’t interested in you:
- Communication is inconsistent at best. If it always takes him more than 24 hours to respond to your calls and texts, this is a red flag you should pay attention to. You can tell yourself he’s busy or has a big project or has bad reception at his house, but if his communication MO is to take a day or two before getting back to you, the likely answer is that he’s not interested in dating you.
- You do all the planning. A guy who wants to be in a relationship with you will put effort into it. If you’re the only one initiating the time you spend together, it’s time to take a step back and reevaluate.
- He won’t commit to anything. This commitment-phobia can mean avoiding a concrete answer about getting pizza together on Friday night to long-term life plans. If he can’t make plans more than 24 hours in advance, it’s only fair for you to ask him some serious “why” questions.
- He only comes around when he wants or needs something from you…especially when that ‘something’ is sex. If he only comes to see you when he wants to get busy in the bedroom, it’s time you call your relationship what it is. When you’re looking for a committed relationship, don’t shortchange yourself by settling for being just “friends with benefits.”
- He’s always ‘busy’ when it comes to spending time with you. He often chooses to hang out with his buddies or family instead of you, putting you in the lowest spot in the priority totem pole. He might be busy, yes, but when a man is genuinely interested in pursuing a relationship with someone, they will bend over backwards to find a way to make it work.
- You haven’t met his friends or family, and he doesn’t seem motivated to meet yours. After you’ve been on a few dates, it’s normal to start meeting someone’s friends and eventually their family. Avoiding this relationship milestone is an indicator that he doesn’t want to make you a permanent part of his life.
- He’s a really big flirt. Some people are just friendly. But some people are really “friendly,” if you know what I mean. If he’s asking questions about your attractive female friends, flirting with the waitress, and telling you he’s OK with you dating other men, you should realize it means he’s keeping his options open and isn’t committed to a relationship with you.
If you’ve seen these warning signs, he probably isn’t interested in you.
Men are generally pretty uncomplicated. Women often try to read more subtext and meaning behind their words and actions than there really is. Remember – It will always be his actions – not his words- that will let you know a man’s true intentions. He’s not trying to be mean, he’s simply doing what he sees is best for himself.
As a smart, pretty, professional woman, you deserve a man who’s interested in pursuing you. Don’t waste your time dating him; take my dating advice and move on, and invest your energies looking for a man who will give you a fulfilling and satisfying relationship.